7/23/14

MY BARN


A year ago my barn was a run down old garage.  I told the builder to tear it down, he told me he could fix it and I said,  whatever.  It's not new by any means.  It was built when the house went up in 1938. The window is new and the door is new, some of the siding is new and some still needs replacing.  It is a storage area and I love it.  I plan on putting a Barn quilt on it as soon as I get around to  it.  Maybe next year.  I want it to be a schoolhouse pattern.  But I need to draft it and buy the wood and paint and you know the drill.  It all takes time and money just like everything else. I still have to put up the ridge caps on the roof and put up a weather vane.  Next year there will be sunflowers all around.  The paint color is barn red from Tractor supply. 

5 comments:

  1. Love your Red Barn and the name of the paint color is is perfect ! I can just see it with a weathervane and sunflowers everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your barn is pretty doggon' cute. No chance it could become your quilting studio?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I've always wanted a barn. I would love to look at this everytime I looked out the window and the sunflowers would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Sunflowers will make it perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like such a cute, sweet place,, what a transformation, the west side yard looks really nice too!

    ReplyDelete