1/23/13

A little bag

 In 1999 I was in New Orleans and bought a bag of rice.  Not for the rice but for the bag.  I had no idea what I wanted to do with it but I wanted it. Over the weekend I ran across it and decided I would make it into a mug rug.  I hand quilted it and then looking for something else I ran across a zipper that had been my grandmothers. (she died in 1987)  I decided I would see if I could put it on the rice bag successfully.  Since I am not a sewer of clothes.  It worked.  So I made this cute little bag.
 I love it.  I have no idea what I will use it for but I am sure in time I will find the perfect thing. 
While in the grocery store last night I searched the isles for cloth bags of any kind.  sadly I didn't find any. 

3 comments:

  1. I love your little bag! Absolutely perfect use for that adorable bag fabric. Now I need to keep my eyes pealed for fabric bags when shopping =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fabulous! I love it!
    I don't think I've ever seen a fabric bag of staples before. But if I do, I'm going to copy you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you clever clever gal! I just love this Lizzie!

    ReplyDelete