6/28/12

Sisters Bound!

 I completed two quilts that are on their way to Sisters to be hung at the anual Quilt show in July.  This is my Swoon Quilt.  I decided I wanted all the blocks to look the same and I like blue and white. 
 a close up
 and from the back.  The quilting was done by a woman in Durham CA named Ester Abshire.  She really is wonderful and did a great job.  I am very pleased with her work.
 This is my basket quilt.  A pattern by Jean Wells.  I machine pieced it and then used embroidery thread to quilt it.  That was a lot of work.  But I finished just in time to mail it off to Sisters. 
 from the back
And a closer view. 

3 comments:

  1. I love the fresh look of your swoon! It really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love your swoon quilt in 2 colors, I've got the pattern, and this makes me think..do I want to do this also. It is lovely, and gives it an antique look. Trip to Sisters is on my Bucket List. Glad you came home with honors. Well deserved, at that...

    ReplyDelete