8/20/10

Does anyone know???

I was thinking while my daughter was on the road across this fine country, how scared I was for her safety and not familiar with the areas she was traveling that ... wouldn't it be cool for Quilters to have a connection to other quilters in case of an emergency? I mean a list of names across the country to call in case you are in an area and need to know where the closest store is, or hotel, or road assistance. Or if one of our daughters is scared and needs a place to call home. Is this a crazy notion to think it is possible to connect for the safety of our 'quilting buddies and their families"? Something like the underground railroad, but not so secret and not underground. Maybe the above ground link? what do you think?

7 comments:

  1. I think is addorable, im all continent away in buenos aires- argentina If you quilters ever came here count with me

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's an excellent idea to have a list. There are so many times in our travels that we just want to find a good mom-pop restaurant that only the locals know about or where the nice quilt shops are located. If you comprise that list, count me in!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, you could count me in for sure! If in NE Texas, give me a call...I love it. Kind of like couch surfing, eh? I do love this idea, alot, especially for kids traveling alone or even in groups. Check out the couch surfing...freebie places to stay at in Europe for kids, mapped out on the net. You should do this girl, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds great. My Dad & Mom have an old car. One time they were in Florida and a had a problem with the car. They call a body shop and soon three guys in a car club came and helped them out. They stayed the night a one of the peoples house. My mom talked with the wife and my dad and the kind man worked in his garage to get the care fixed. I think that quilters have the same hearts that old car people do. So if your daughter needs anything in Illinois. Give me a call

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. Quilters are a wonderful group of people and ones I would trust and rely on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a fantastic idea. Last summer when my niece and I were coming back from Southern CA we were having a little car trouble. My thought was "I think blogger so and so lives in this area". I didn't have any contact info though.
    One person would have to collect the contact into and be the go between to help preserve our privacy. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe this could come together on flicker....have group admins in several "districts" and they would be the one to upkeep the list and send out info for those traveling...just a thought

    ReplyDelete