7/19/10

weekend update

I finished the backing for my Australian fabric quilt I was working on.

And used up some floral fabric to make pillow cases
And yet more pillow cases
My favorite little project. Birds from a Sue Spargo pattern. not done yet as I still need to put on wings and eyes. But I couldn't wait to put them on the little tree I bought from Sue last year.
This silly door is in my bedroom. It leads to nowhere so I covered it up with a quilt. This is the before.. There are windows in the door so I made them light proof with freezer paper and ironed tin foil between the paper. no light can now ruin my quilts.

This is the after. No door can be seen!
And I also finished a book over the weekend. This is a very nice book about what happens to Frances after Under the Tuscan Sun.

3 comments:

  1. Great way to hide a door. Love it and the scrappy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice Lizzie! Hope you stayed very cool this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun busy quilty things you've been doing. Wonderful idea to cover the door!!

    ReplyDelete