5/26/10

inspiration came out of nowhere

last night after I got home from work I started looking through some quilt books and decided I would make something. It has been a long time since I felt like making anything. So I scanned the pages and landed on the Sarah Fielke "Seasons" tree. I only want to make one of them and haven't decided on a border yet.


here it is cut out and the foliage sewn together


here it is all done. Applique for the wedges and buttonhole stitch for the tree trunk




a close up of the trunk.



5 comments:

  1. Very nice Liz. I was looking at that book last night on the web and have almost convinced myself I have to send off for it! Thanks for sharing, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I haven't seen that book. Another to look up for myself or the library. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lizzie that is wonderful! So spontaneous too! So glad you are feeling creative...it's showing up all over the place! xo Pammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute. I haven't seen this book yet. Now I think I must have it. Great block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely have to get that book. :)

    ReplyDelete