5/18/10

BOM's in the mail

I got my 12th and final block from The Fat Quarter Shop. Looking forward to getting it done. I will miss this BOM, it was a pleasure to piece. The patterns are written so well that they go together exactly as they are supposed to and turn out great. Since this is my very first BOM ever I am wondering how are you supposed to know how to finish a BOM or what it is supposed to look like in the end?
And block #11 because Thimblecreek Shop didn't feel like sending out a block last month so they are a month behind. I am no longer making these blocks since the patterns are so poorly written. Just saving the civil War FQ's for my stash. I will be glad when this BOM is completed.

I have been hand quilting the quilt Grandma Grace gave me a year or so ago. Because she hand pieced ever single piece I am hand quilting this quilt. We lost Grandma in February and I hope to finish this soon and give it a place of honor in my home. Grandma was 95.


2 comments:

  1. Your Grandmother would be very proud of you. What a great inheritance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame that you had such a bad experience with the Thimblecreek BOM...the Fat Quarter shop always does a wonderful job. I just finished mine and posted it...I used the finishing kit and directions that the Fat Quarter shop had. It went together perfectly! Have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete