3/1/10

Weekend

A View of Mt. Lassen and Mt. Shasta, close to my home. The Sacramento Valley was really beautiful this past weekend.
The table runner I have been working on recently. I decided I had better get it put together and start to hand quilt or it won't be done by Easter.


This is a close up of the center

And this was a source of frustration over the weekend. This is my BOM from Thimblecreek Quilt shop. I spent so much time trying to figure out which ones were A, B and C that I did not enjoy the sewing at all. Why don't pattern makers add the simple things? Isn't that what pattern making is all about , having an enjoyable time? I have meet Joe at a quilt show last summer and he is very nice. But his patterns are bad. The letters you see written on the pattern are mine. There were none there. Each BOM comes with 4 FQ's so that each block can be completely different. I was so frustrated by the time I finished figuring out the pattern I decided they would all be the same. I just wasn't in any mood to do it 4 times different.




This is a free pattern I found on line. cute stitchery.




This is it finished. I needed to do do the beehive a little darker, not enought contrast but oh well. I can easily do a 2nd one.










3 comments:

  1. Your stitching projects are very cute....really love the Bunny Hill runner.

    I've wondered about the Thimblecreek patterns before. I really like the looks of the quilts, but I like good instructions better :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing I like about BOMs from Fatquartershop is that they always include a color photo so you know which fabric goes where. How frustrating to have to figure it out on your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewe's very cute! ha ha!
    I know EXACTLY what you mean about the pattern...You would think the quilters who test the pattern would say something. OR maybe the tester just KNOWS what to do and doesn't need the pattern...which shows you..testers should be fairly new quilters!!
    Takes for a great post!
    Pauelette

    ReplyDelete