3/16/10

BOM's in the mail

My least favorite BOM came in the mail last night. The Civil War Fat Quarter Club from Thimble Creek Quilters in the Bay Area CA. They don't have good patterns. They never label anything so making the pattern is a chore. 10 months in and I have done 8 so far. I just don't have the time or energy to figure out a pattern every time it comes in the mail. Won't do that one again. Would not reccomend to others unless you like figuring out a pattern every time. And then there is the next one.....
I would re-sign up for this BOM in a heart beat. The Fat Quarter Shop BOM. Wonderful beyond words. One block, ample fabric, A WONDERFUL pattern, clearly marked and with directions for every step. I actually look forward to receiving the package and doing the block.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the compliments!! We're so glad you are enjoying the Designer Mystery BOM!! -- Fat Quarter Shop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I am so so so happy you like our instructions! We work hard on them - Kimberly @ Fat Quarter Shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing the BOM from Fat Quarter Shop...the color pictures and the detailed patterns are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love the Fat Quarter Shop BOMs and won't get them anywhere else! I especially love the color card. No guessing which fabric goes where. I can order them with confidence knowing they've been tested multiple times and there is generous fabric in each month's package.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems to me that that particular Civil War BOM is something that is going on at lots of shops. I've seen it at at least three in my area alone. So I don't think it was written by that particular shop. It was something they purchased as a "co-op" type of thing. If you are unhappy with it, have you called them for help? Joe and Roxie are awesome people and would surely love to help you.

    ReplyDelete